Thursday, February 14

**WARNNING, UPDATE OVERLOAD**

Where to begin….. It has been so long since I’ve updated, I don’t even know where to start J KEV’s grandpa past away/ETHAN made his first trip to the ER/BOTH kids have had the flu for a week…… and it just seems never ending.

So sad to see KEV’s grandpa pass. He was such a sweet old man. Thankfully we got to spend xmas eve with him for the last time. He will be greatly missed L

On to a happier note~~ Superbowl weekend, we had Kev’s sister and kiddos come over. KEV made some really good wings and I made some dip and stuff, and we just stayed home. We really didn’t have a favorite team since the Cowboys and Greenbay got knocked out, but I was glad to see the Giants win. Who knows why, b/c I normally can’t stand them, but watching interviews all week of the patriots and Moss being so arrogant, I was glad to see them lose, and Moss not get a ring J  I really didn’t care this year…. Just another day with a good excuse to drink and eat bad J Gotta love those J!!! And the commercials, I’m mean seriously? I was at least looking forward to those, and uhmmmm they were not funny this year. Bummer!! Oh well. Like I said, at least we had great food and beer hehe!

So after superbowl weekend, it leads us to last Monday, ETHAN came home from school around noon with a high fever. I thought maybe he just wore himself out all weekend playing with his cousin Riley all day Saturday and Tyler all day Sunday…. but nope, he was really sick. We kept him home Tuesday. Kev stayed home till noon, then I took a halfday after lunch and kept them then so KEV could go on to work. Then Wednesday morning, right at 6:00 am, he stood straight up in bed and vomited…. And here’s the scary part…. BLOOD! Seriously, I freaked out! And it wasn’t like he was dry-heaving or anything, or had been throwing up for days, this was literally the first time he had done it. We get him into the DR. that morning and they run tests and determine that he was FLU positive. GREAT…. But what about the blood? DR didn’t seem that alarmed since he is so young, and there were no visible signs that it was something serious. He was like “let me run get you guys a prescription for the flu, and you’ll be on your way”. Right when he said that, poor ETHAN threw up again, this time it was BRIGHT RED, so it was fresh blood. So freaking scary to see that from your little baby L. The DR luckily saw the whole thing and didn’t think I was a crazy mom after all. He told us to go straight to the ER. So off we went to spend the rest of the day……..literally……… at the ER. Of course we had to wait for about an hour, which was not fun with a sick child + a 2 year old that is hyper as heck and doesn’t understand why she can’t open every little door or run up and down the halls…. It was tough! We finally get back to the room, and they too don’t see any visible signs why he would be vomiting blood. They checked his throat to see if it was coming from there, and nothing, so they were forced to have to draw blood to be sure he wasn’t losing blood internally. Ethan now gets his first IV, and hopefully his last for a long time. It was soooo sad, to have to hold him down while they hook an IV in his arm. He looked so sad…… They drew blood, and hooked him up to fluids for a few hours to hydrate him. He didn’t mind that too much b/c he watched cartoons. ADDYSON on the other hand, was everywhere in that room, trying to push the buttons on the bed/trying to call the nurse on the remote control, she even reached for the BIG BLUE BUTTON on the wall, which I’m not a hundred % sure, but I think it’s used for when someone flat lines??? Anyways, I knew she didn’t need to be pulling it. It looked like a big blue important button thing haha!! I grabbed her just in time. Ughhhhh. ETHAN’s blood work came back good, thankfully, so after his IV was done, we were sent on our merry little way……. Whatta long day….. So, he was out the rest of the week from school of course, and we thought we were in the clear come Saturday, but Saturday night he was up all night crying and complaining of his ear L So what did we do Sunday? Kev (this time we were smart and kept addy at home), spent the day at CareNow. ETHAN now had an ear infection, LOVELY………. At this point I don’t think we could handle anymore sickness!! Then ADDY decides to follow in her brother’s footsteps and get sick also L!! She started running a fever. THAT FLU SHOT WAS WORTHLESS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!  Thankfully Kev’s parents kept both kids on Monday so Kev and I could go to work.  And right now, they are both on the road to recovery. I’m hoping this weekend, we can actually get outside and play J That is unless Kev and I catch it, I will keep my fingers crossed on that one.

ENOUGH TALK ABOUT BEING SICK….. Tomorrow is my halfday, yeah!!! Not much planned for this weekend, just hope we are all healthy and the weather is nice so we can be outside J 

I will upload pics tonight (or tomorrow), of valentine’s day with the kiddos J I got them each their own individual mini cake and KEV  a little cookie cake. We should all be on a sugar high after dinner tonight J

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!! AND HAPPY 59TH ANNIVERSARY TO MY AWESOME GRANDPARENTS!!!!!! WOW 59 YEARS………. THAT’S TRULY AMAZING J

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home