SUCH A SLACKER
I know, I’m such a blog slacker these days!! Just no time it seems L! Well as you can see, STILL NO COMPUTER, DANG IT! But KEV and I just ran out of time last weekend. We got everything done on our to-do list EXCEPT buy a computer! Oh well, it’ll have to wait a few more weeks I guess…..
Well this weekend we have my annual family reunion down at
Well I had mention in my last post that ADDYSON has been having seizures, so freakin scary and to a MOM that doesn’t know anything about them, really scary!! She’s only had 2 but that’s over just a few months. The last one was a few weeks ago and she had grabbed my carkeys out of my purse and took off running with them b/c she knew she shouldn’t have them. I chased her down and took them away and she fell to the floor like she was going to get mad and throw a fit. I turn around to her and was about to say “oh addyson get up, quit being ugly” and the next thing I know she is just laying there with her eyes rolled back and she is shaking. Talk about totaling freakin me out. The last time this happened I really didn’t know that’s what it was. It totally knocked her out and she instantly fell asleep afterwards so were thinking that maybe she was just really tired, and we would keep a watch out for it just in case it was actually a seizure. Well this leads us to a few weeks ago. She was just laying there trying to cry and breathe at the same time and catch her breath. I instantly picked her up and BAM she is knocked completely out like she had been asleep for hours!! It was the weirdest thing ever! Same thing happened the time before. I of course was home by myself both times and immediately called my friend Michelle who’s been through this before and she said it sounded like what her daughter went through with seizures. So I called our pediatrician first thing the next day (who are idiots!) who gave me the number to Cooks hospital in Ft Worth to go see a neurologist. First available appt = August 7th!!!! Are you kidding me?? So I call my dr back to give the receptionist the appointment time b/c heaven forbid you actually get to talk to the nurse or dr around here! We expected a returned call back b/c they didn’t give us any instructions on how to handle this situation if it happens again/nor did they act concerned that I couldn’t get an appointment for 2 ½ months! So KEV called them first thing the next morning after they never called us back and the handy-dandy receptionist said that my dr and nurse were on vacation the rest of this week and the next. THANKS FOR THE RETURN CALL NOT! Geesh. So we have now called them back like 3 times asking for a returned call from the dr or nurse and still nothing…… sooooooooo right now we are left with no clue what to do if it happens again AND an appointment not till August. LOVELY……… Scary situation but hopefully it will come out to be nothing serious and something she outgrows…… Other than that, she seems perfectly healthy and acts just fine, so weird!
Enough of that……. Well ADDYSON is officially at school with ETHAN now. Her first day was a mess!!! She was so confused and I think she missed her teachers aww. KEV drops the kiddos off in the morning since I have to be at work so early, and thank goodness b/c I don’t think I could handle leaving her like that!! He said she was pretty upset when he left. We called about an hour later and the teacher said she had calmed down and was doing good. There are only 3 babies, including her, in her class and she is the youngest. The other 2 are already two years old. Such a small class!! Also at this daycare, the kids can’t use sippy cups or bottles. ADDYSON loves her sippy cup, so I was wondering how that was going to go. They want the kids to learn how to drink out of regular cups only, and she is only 18 months old….. so here we go I guess….. After her first day, I pick them up and we get home and she sees her old sippy cup laying in the floor of my car and instantly starts yelling for it like she needs a “sippy cup fix” hehe! It was funny! She sat there and drank a whole sippy cup of juice in like 5 minutes J! ETHAN said she did pretty good drinking from a big cup, and the teacher helped her. It’s so funny that my 4 year old gives me the daily recap of my daughter J Then yesterday when I picked them up, her teacher said the only time she cried today was when she saw her brother, awwww! So having them in the same daycare together FINALLY is going pretty good. I think next week will be much better once she becomes more familiar with her teachers and surroundings.
~~FUNNY ETHAN STORY~~~
Well I’ve started this new thing at home where if he is minds during the day/doesn’t wet his bed at night/good at dinner/etc , he gets a ticket (like those tickets you get from playing a video game), and once he gets 2 tickets he can turn them in and get a prize out of the TICKET BUCKET. It’s just a bucket full of cheap toys/candy that he gets rewarded with for being good. Let me tell you, this works like a charm!!!! If he starts acting up, all I have to say is, “well you’re not going to get a ticket ETHAN!” and he instantly starts being good J love it!! Well anyways back to my story, one of his prizes was a bug catcher thing and he had 2 rolly polly’s in there. He had them sitting next to him at the table (in their container but still should not be at the table I guess, but that’s a boy for ya!) and he is eating his favorite food, BUSCH BEANS. Next thing I know he comes running in there to with his bowl in his hand screaming “I can’t find my rolly polly, he’s gone!” and I’m like “Ethan what did you do with him, he’s not in your beans is he???” and he goes “Yes, but he’s gone!” ewwwwwww! I was like “ethan why in the world would you put your rolly polly in your bowl of beans?” and he goes “I wanted them to play with Jack in the Bean Stock!” hehehehehehe He is just learning that story “Jack and the Bean Stock”. Too funny!!!! After several minutes spooning out beans, we finally did find the rolly polly doing laps in the bowl of beans I’m sure just soaking it up J!!! Too funny J!!!
Well this turned out to be longer than I expected, sorry!!! Hope you guys have a good weekend J










1 Comments:
Hey Ang!
I love reading your updates! Bet this last one wasn't as long as mine, though;)
I'll ask my dad about Addy to see if he has ideas...you're right...as a mom, it is terrifying to see that happen and not know what's going on!
Good luck with finding a computer!
Hugs:)
Post a Comment
<< Home